Quality Assurance Officer (Engineer)
з/п не указана
Вакансия в архиве
Работодатель, вероятно, уже нашел нужного кандидата и больше не принимает отклики на эту вакансию
Duty Station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Type of Appointment: SST, 6 months, with possibility of extension
Under over guidance of the CoM direct supervision of the PDSO, the successful candidate will be responsible for technical coherence and quality insurance of the IOM Ukraine construction-related project activities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Advise project managers in the overall implementation of construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation, WASH, housing-related project components and related reporting.
- Develop technical support services guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOP), design and construction management quality control plans.
- Provide engineering-related quality assurance/inspections in construction practices in line with Ukrainian and international (including humanitarian) standards and requirements.
- Review, prepare and support the preparation of technical documents – including designs, Bills of Quantities (BoQs), technical specification summaries, and other – related to IOM’s rehabilitation/construction programming.
- Provide all necessary technical support, including support documents in view of meetings with main stakeholders (identification of gaps, technical analysis, choosing appropriate modalities, etc.), inputs for reports and development of project proposals, as well as summary documents for internal and external use.
- Provide expertise during the procurement of the services for technical construction works of the buildings, including the development of the TOR for this type of works.
- Provide IOM with regular status reports, including recommendations for future actions and cost estimates, upon completion of visits.
- Advise all parties on how to comply with Ukrainian legislation and standards in the sphere of construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation (and other construction-related issues) of infrastructure.
- Follow up with the programme managers and the selected construction companies on the works being implement, to ensure compliance with the BoQs, with the agreed-upon quality standards of materials and finishing, as well as with the existing norms for construction.
- Flag and follow up on outstanding issues between IOM and construction companies or other relevant stakeholders and advise on possible solutions to overcome potential obstacles.
- Recommend ways to improve the existing internal and multi-lateral coordination and implementation procedures pertaining to the implementation of construction, reconstruction and rehabilitation activities.
- Regularly monitor all the construction-related works on the selected objects, ensure compliance with the relevant TORs during the ongoing construction works.
- Provide project budget costing for project proposals in coordination with programme managers and PDSO (upon request) as well as prepare presentation materials for donors (upon request).
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Architecture or related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience;
- or Master Degree or Equivalent in the above fields with relevant professional experience.
- Significant experience of working with standards in construction sphere.
- At least two years of experience in professionally responsible architecture and engineering area (in the capacity of Engineer or Area Supervisor) is required.
- Experience in supervising medium to large-scale construction works, especially ones related to rehabilitation.
- Good knowledge of technical design, drawing, construction technology and practices.
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
- A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
- The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 25 February 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.