As Game Designer, you’ll be responsible for defining how the game plays and what elements it should have to feel fun and fair. You'll shape the game’s vision, document it and communicate to the multidisciplinary team.
We’re looking for a candidate capable of explaining and proving the feasibility of their game design solutions and turning them into engaging mobile playable experience.
- Contribute to the entrusted game, depending on project needs.
- Collaborate proactively with your team and superiors in order to design, prototype and pitch concepts of game systems and content. Adjust and balance those concepts to feel fun and fair.
- Create and maintain clear and comprehensive design documentation.
- Provide the team with experience-centric attitude to the game: develop and communicating empathy for players, their needs, interests and motivations.
- Implement and debug game content via game engine tools, asset editors, localization and balancing sheets, and so on.
- Passion for video games and game development.
- Proficiency with gameplay design and player experience design.
- Knowledge of game design theory and deep understanding of gameplay fundamentals.
- Profound gaming experience on mobile and other platforms.
- English (full working proficiency).
Would be considered a plus:
- Proficiency with game editors and prototyping tools.
- Strong pitching and presentation skills.
- Programming, scripting, 2D or 3D art, scriptwriting or video directing working background.
- Special education in field of game design, architecture, psychology or computer programming.
No requirements to the experience:
Gameloft is aware of the cases when seekers, who were used to work in local gamedev companies, were unable to adapt to our practices and workflow. Hence for the people who seek this job, past experience in the game development is valued, but never mandatory. We value knowledge, self-awareness and organization, communication skills and talent of our employees the first.