WORLD BANK GROUP
INTERNATIONAL FINANCE CORPORATION
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Title of the position: Stakeholders and Media Outreach expert (STC)
Projects: ECA Agri-Finance Projects
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Scope of the job
ECA Agri-Finance Program is looking to recruit a short-term expert for outreach and public awareness work on the national and regional levels across agri-finance projects in the ECA region. The STC will work closely with the Program Manager and regional teams to implement outreach and public awareness activities to promote financial tools, services and activities among the stakeholders. The Consultant will also be responsible for the monitoring of project results and drafting semi-annual project progress reports.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Design and implement the Project communication and outreach strategy, amend and update the strategy to match the changing needs of the Project.
- Develop informational and marketing materials consistent with relevant IFC/WBG templates and guidelines and promote the projects’ work to internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- Produce regular updates for the project, including monthly newsletters, regular results and success stories following the Project achievements.
- Work together with the Project team to develop educational and training materials. Collaborate with Communication team to ensure proper branding and relevant approvals.
- Organize national and regional public events to ensure highlight of the project initiatives and results, and afterwards execute and monitor effectiveness of the project event. Ensure IFC/WBG and donors visibility during the events.
- Collaborate with the Communication team in reaching media to update on the project news and results, in preparing press releases and media packages/press-kits.
- Ensure accurate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the Project’s results and draft bi-annual projects reports for both internal and external stakeholders. Interact with the M&E department to ensure proper results monitoring and reporting.
- regular update of the project outreach and communication strategy and action plan;
- monthly newsletters, success stories, informational and educational materials produced;
- regular national and regional media events organized;
- media stories and mentions published in national and local media;
- all project results are kept in the project M&E database, project indicators are up to date, semi-annual reports drafted on-time.
- Experience in communications and outreach or in the commercial sector in producing written and/or visual materials for target audiences and organizing events and outreach;
- Experience in designing and implementing public awareness campaigns; established contacts with media preferably both on the national and regional;
- Experience in M&E practices, analysis, and reporting, including the accumulation and organization of deliverables;
- Excellent written and spoken English, Ukrainian, and Russian languages;
- Advanced user of office software and knowledge of desktop publishing software;
- Able to work in a team, well-organized, confident and energetic;
- Ability to work independently on routine tasks and programs, and at the same time seek guidance from supervisor as needed on complex projects/issues.
Applicants must submit their CV and Cover Letter indicating their experience in one or more of the key areas listed above.
Deadline for applications – Feb 18, 2018