Programme Assistant (UNFPA)
з/п не указана
Вакансия в архиве
Работодатель, вероятно, уже нашел нужного кандидата и больше не принимает отклики на эту вакансию
Service Contract, SB3 Level
Under the supervision of the Regional Programme Coordinator, the Programme Assistant implements the daily activities and tasks related to the secretarial support services of the GBV prevention and response programme, such as but not limited to:
- Effective and efficient functioning of the GBV prevention and response programme
- Provision of effective administrative support
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Perform other ad hoc duties as assigned.
The Programme Assistant works in a client, quality and results-oriented manner in close collaboration with the all units of the UNFPA Country Office (CO), programme personnel, as well as personnel of other UN Agencies to exchange information and to ensure smooth implementation of GBV prevention and response programme.
Duties and Responsibilities
Programme and field support:
- Contributes to implementation of GBV programme activities under UNFPA execution providing overall support to programme and field personnel;
- Supports Regional Programme Coordinator, field personnel, regional counterparts in routine implementation and smooth operational running of all activities, ensuring delivery of programme inputs and engagement of national counterparts in those activities;
- Assists in regular data collection, analysis, and reporting from field offices, including support in the development of a referral pathway across key services and monitors for bottlenecks in the referral pathway in all regions of programme operations;
- Provides secretarial and administrative support to the work on establishment and functioning of the regional GBV governance coordination bodies and work groups contributing to development of their capacity to lead multi-sectoral response to GBV;
- Collects, registers and maintains information (filing) on field activities, and contributes to the preparation of field progress reports;
- Drafts and translates letters, meeting minutes and other documents necessary for programme management, help with preparation of the presentations as may be assigned by office management;
- Arranges meetings and appointments, attends meetings and takes minutes, manages the calendar and schedule of events, appointments and meetings;
- Prepares translations and acts as an interpreter as required;
- Keeps accurate electronic and paper filing, information and records systems.
Administrative, procurement and finance support:
- Provides day-to-day support to programme financial operations in accordance with UNFPA rules and regulations and relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Prepares requests for direct payment to Finance unit in accordance with the approved budget;
- Assists with programme procurement and planning, ensures procurement is in accordance with UNFPA Procurement Procedures; Performs a Buyer role in Atlas;
- Facilitates Individual Consultants recruitment processes; collects the documentation required for the hiring and contract extension and other related procurement actions;
- Provides logistical support to programme activities (missions, study tours, trainings, conferences and workshops) including travel arrangements, accommodation, collects supporting documents and organizes the venue, assists in preparation of Terms of Reference (TORs) for missions;
- Ensures that travel arrangements and authorizations, mission requests, passport and visa requests and extensions, flight bookings and all other matters related to travel of international and national personnel inside and outside Ukraine are properly and timely authorized and processed;
- Keeps updated programme inventory records and ensures the adherence to the UNFPA regulations on the equipment use, storage, proper maintenance and equipment transfer/disposal;
- Manages stationery and office supplies, assists in purchasing office equipment and furniture when needed;
- Performs other job related duties as assigned by the Regional Programme Coordinator and/or GBV Programme Manager.
- Corporate Competencies:
Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards (human rights, peace, understanding between peoples and nations, tolerance, integrity, respect, results orientation (UNFPA core ethics) impartiality;
Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNFPA;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback, timely responses queries;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Development and Operational Effectiveness
- - Ability to liaison with UN and Government Officials and international donor community to identify and fulfil needs in providing support services;
- Capability to engage in team-based dialogue;
- Ability to contribute to timely programme implementation and to provide the necessary trouble shooting to keep programme implementation on schedule.
- Ability to multitask and be detail-oriented;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of social studies, international relationships, linguistic or related field is required;
- At least 3 years of practical experience of working in the field of administration, programme/project support service, finance and/or other related fields;
- Experience of working on similar positions with international organizations/projects will be considered as an advantage;
- Experience of preparing workshops and training events is desired;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages. Experience in handling of web based management systems;
- Knowledge of the ATLAS system and/or UN rules is an advantage.
- Fluency in Ukrainian, English and Russian languages
Deadline for Applications is 13 JANUARY 2019
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest. Applications may only be submitted for specific vacancy.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.