Service Contract, SB3 Level
Under the supervision of the Programme Manager, the Programme Coordination and Monitoring Associate provides overall support in GBV Programme activities’ coordination, monitoring and reporting, implements daily activities and tasks related to the overall administrative support services of the GBV prevention and response programme, such as but not limited to:
- Effective and efficient programme and administrative support to the GBV Programme team in the management of its initiatives/ activities
- Quality reporting, monitoring, evaluation, assessment & research planning
- Knowledge building and sharing.
S/he works in a client, quality and results-oriented manner in close collaboration with all GBV Prevention and Response Programme personnel, other units of the UNFPA Country Office (CO) and UN Agencies, to exchange information and to ensure smooth Programme functioning in line with the approved work plan, indicators and milestones.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in planning and implementation of GBV porgramme and its activities by providing overall support, managing data inputs, monitoring project implementation and following up on recommendations;
- Coordinates preparation and maintaining programme implementation plan through obtaining of all required inputs from programme management, field personnel, implementing partners;
- Conducts regular monitoring visits, participates in review, steering and evaluation meetings and missions, applying mechanisms to systematically assess the achievement of programme results, recommends corrective actions and follows up on recommendations;
- Maintains contacts with programme beneficiaries and implementing partners (IPs) to ensure smooth and effective coordination of all activities as per approved work plans, including through GPS and provides support in budget revision of work plans, when needed;
- Ensures quality and timely evidence-based and results reporting to donors, partners and internally by collecting and providing required inputs, drafting selected sections, updating the programme Results Resources Framework;
- Drafts programme related correspondence, meeting minutes and other documents necessary for programme management, translates and drafts programme related documents, provides oral translations when required; contributes to preparation of the presentations;
- Participates in data collection, analysis and maintenance of programme files and related database of contacts with governmental and non-governmental institutions, local authorities, NGOs, academia, etc;
- Participates in programme activities (meetings, roundtables, conferences, other public activities) preparation, implementation and follow up, takes meeting minutes.
Administrative, procurement and finance support:
- Prepares requests for direct payment to Finance unit in accordance with the approved budget;
- Assists with programme procurement and planning, ensures procurement is in accordance with UNFPA Procurement Procedures; performs Buyer role in Atlas; facilitate Individual Contract (IC) recruitments.
Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Contributes to creation and sharing of knowledge by synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned, success stories and best practices, strategies and approaches of the GBV Programme and drafting relevant materials for dissemination.
Performs other job related duties as assigned required to ensure smooth implementation of GBV prevention and response programme.
- Exemplifying integrity;
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system;
- Embracing cultural diversity;
- Embracing change.
- Achieving results.
- Being accountable;
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen;
- Thinking analytically and strategically;
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships;
- Communicating for impact.
- Advocacy/Advancing a policy-oriented agenda;
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships;
- Delivering results-based programmes;
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years of practical experience of working in the field of administration, programme/project support service, finance and/or other related fields;
- Experience in working on similar positions with international organizations/projects will be considered as an advantage;
- Some experience in research assistance;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages. Experience in handling of web based management systems;
- Knowledge of the ATLAS system and/or UN rules is an advantage.
Deadline for Applications is 13 JANUARY 2019
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest. Applications may only be submitted for specific vacancy.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.