OpsWorks Co.is a Ukraine-based outsourcing/outstaffing IT company with headquarter in Kiev. We are looking for an experienced Scrapy/Python Developer (PST Business Hours)who can participate in a large, fast-growing American project (the end-to-end eCommerce solution combining analytics, content management and reporting all in one platform) and must be capable of working independently and collaboratively with other team members to deliver innovative solutions, understanding the business needs and architecting an appropriate solution. This is a full-time and long-term position.
- At least 3 years of Python Scrapy/Scrapyd Development experience;
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) development (Python preferred);
- Proficient in Web Development;
- Experience with databases with the ability to work with RDBMS like Postgres, MySQL and ability to write SQL;
- Demonstrated experience in improving application performance by optimizing the Search, Data ingestion, and other processes;
- At least Intermediate conversational English level is a must;
- Strong time management skills;
- ABILITY TO WORK IN PST TIME ZONE (6 AM - 3 PM PST).
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Nginx, Docker, Gradle;
- Git and/or equivalent code management/version control tool;
- Understanding of server and client-side security requirements;
- Agile development;
- Working with Jira or other bug tracking systems;
- Remote working experience.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining Python scripts for scraping complex websites;
- Refactoring current code base for better quality and maintainability;
- Debugging production issues/bugs and fixing them appropriately;
- Creating and maintaining unit tests.
- Challenging tasks;
- Opportunity to learn new technologies;
- Possibility to do new things, not just maintain old;
- Possibility to grow your career;
- Appreciation and honest/open leadership style;
- A friendly team of experts who inspire and support you;
- Self-education support (access to premium subscription to Safari Books Online, Grammarly, etc; paid attendance of professional conferences and meetups);
- Cozy office;
- Flexibility of the schedule and partial work-at-home opportunities;
- An unlimited contract;
- Paid vacation (18 working days per year);
- Paid sick leaves;
- Compensation negotiable, based upon experience.
We help our customer located in San-Francisco to expand their distributed teams of talented software engineers who truly believe in what they're doing. With understanding the complexity of eCommerce management, they are building their platform to simplify the process, with everything their customers needs to manage all of the products, and ultimately, increase revenue. They’re helping Walmart, Samsung, P&G, Levi’s, Pepsico, Starbucks Coffee, L’Oréal, and more stay at the forefront of eCommerce.
Apply and we look forward to meeting you and hopefully work with you very soon!