The Senior Systems Administrator will design, test, implement and support the Operating System required for the implementation stack in addition to supporting applications which may execute on top of the installed Operating System. These applications could, but are not limited to Back Office Applications, Patch management, imaging applications. This position will also be responsible for the provisioning and deployment of new systems. This individual will lead and demonstrate Systems proficiency, build sustainable/scalable environments needed to support the Align business model.
- IT Operations: Maintain up-time and troubleshoot problems in active Dev, QA, and Production environments, along with development and deployment infrastructure, counting over a 1000+ servers.
- Responsible for providing 24/7 on-call coverage on a rotating basis (it is not night shifts, it means support of USA colleagues)
- Maintain the operation health and stability of the Align application infrastructure.
- Proactively monitor and mitigate risk and proactively propose solutions, including the risk and benefit analysis.
- Demonstrate and share domain expertise to educate the surrounding team members to increase the collective knowledge of the team.
- Perform regularly scheduled maintenance to ensure the operational health of the Align environment.
- Identify GAPS in current processes as they apply to the environment that this position supports and maintains; then update and maintain the process documentation.
- Cloud Engineering: Contribute to the movement towards AWS based hosting and architecture, work on a platform that allows development teams to push their changes into fresh EC2 instances in mere minutes.
- Configuration Management & Software Deployment: Design, development and implementation of solutions to automate deployments.
- Implement customized scripts (in Ruby, Python, bash) and software applications to automate environment maintenance, orchestration, and release engineering tasks.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to perform under pressure situations, while developing sound implementation approaches which solve the business problem or environment which they support are a plus.
- BS in CS or Information Systems is desired, or equivalent years of experience
- 8+ years of experience in the Information Technology Industry
- 6 + years of experience on the Linux platform or any other flavors of Unix.
- 2+ years of standard scripting skills such as Ruby, Python, Bash etc.
- 2+ years of experience with AWS
- Employment according to the Labor law
- Competitive salary and annual bonuses
- Professional development and career growth, trainings, conferences, English and Spain classes
- Voluntary Medical Insurance for all employees and their children (with dental treatment)
- Lunch allowance
- 31 vacation days, paid days-off.
- Democratic and open culture
- Gym in the office
- Corporate events for employees and their children
- Flexible working hours (usually 11:00 до 19:45)