ASB helps small and medium-sized businesses to grow and become genuine catalysts for their local economies by providing access to local and international experts. Some clients will benefit from investment, but ASB also strives to create healthier, more innovative and successful businesses. Through its work to improve the quality and availability of local consultancy services, ASB aims to leave behind a network of trained, experienced local consultants, and a thriving community of small and medium-sized businesses willing to pay for advice.
The Analyst connects clients to local consultants and international advisers depending on their business needs. He/she is responsible for managing resulting advisory projects, ranging from strategy and marketing, organisation and operations, technology and engineering, quality and financial management to energy efficiency and environment, through the stages of conception, implementation, completion and impact evaluation. The Analyst directly contributes to developing and managing the ASB country portfolio of [number] projects and managing relationships with the clients benefitting from the projects.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
• Identify and pursue potential clients who meet the qualifying criteria, contributing to ASB and banking business development.
• Proactively diagnose clients’ business needs on site, identify priority areas for business advice and help them to identify suitably qualified consultants or international industry experts.
• Together with the client and selected consultant, develop the terms of reference and project proposal in line with ASB best practices.
• Apply the grant guidelines in finalising Grant Agreements with clients and assist them in negotiating underlying consultancy contracts with selected consultants or experts.
• Manage project implementation to ensure consultants deliver in accordance with the terms of reference and ensure continued client engagement to the project and prepare relevant reports in line with the project cycle, ensuring necessary supporting documentation is collected.
• Recommend project completion and subsequent disbursement of the grant to the client to the Principal Manager.
• Evaluate completed projects in accordance with established methodology in order to assess impact and provide analytical input for further analysis.
• Identify new local consultants to recommend to the Principal Manager for qualification and manage relations with existing consultants and organisations, ensuring a broad pool of expertise is available for ASB projects; Implement annual consultant review and regularly monitor developments in local consultancy market.
• Implement marketing and visibility activities to promote ASB and the funding donor/s in the country. Under the guidance of the Principal Manager, support the implementation of market development activities aimed to develop local consultancy market or disseminate best practices within sectors.
• Contribute to the development of internal and donor reports in partnership with the ASB HQ team to inform donors on the progress of activities and utilisation of funding.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree (Business, Economics, Finance etc.) and/or equivalent business experience
• Relevant professional experience, preferably from commercial management consultancy, corporates or bank, donor organisation, or international support programme.
• Knowledge of local business environment and consultancy market.
• Knowledge of business advisory services.
• Knowledge of donor funded work, donor organisations and national stakeholders such as regional development agencies, chambers of commerce & industry and other SME support organisations desirable.
• Strong business diagnostics skills.
• Strong numerical and analytical skills, understanding of enterprise financials desirable.
• Strong project management and organisational skills.
• Effective communication, presentation and negotiation skills and ability to manage relations with clients and consultants.
• Strong writing skills; experience in writing project proposals, terms of references or reports desirable.
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Fluency in language of country of operations.
• Computer literate: excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Power Point, ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Business / financial analytical skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understanding of local accounting principles and practice of company financial analysis.
• Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the EBRD mandate, passionate about private sector development.
• Ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
• Multi-tasking, self-initiative.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability and willingness to travel extensively within the country and internationally.