Altoros, an established provider of software development services and a Hi-Tech Park resident (Top 20), is looking for an in-house technical writer. The candidate will join our growing team to create high-quality educational technical content (ranging from developer tutorials to ultimate guides—written from an architect’s point of view).
We are looking for a full-time, highly motivated employee who is addicted to technical writing and has a strong interest in emerging technologies, such as cloud computing, PaaS, machine learning, etc. (Support and assistance will be provided on a daily basis, so you’ll have to be able to learn very quickly.)
- Creating technical overviews and “how-tos” based on developer-oriented videos, demos, slides, and documentation
- Preparing tutorials and architect guides in collaboration with our technical teams
For examples, please visit http://altoros.com/blog/building-scaled-down-highly-available-mission-critical-architecture-with-cloud-foundry/ and http://altoros.com/research-papers/.
- We expect proven experience in writing highly technical guides or tutorials (such as admin guides, API/SDK manuals, “how-tos,” etc.).
- The Advanced level of English is preferred, but all applicants with strong IT skills (such as QA or development expertise) will also be considered regardless of language and grammar proficiency.
- Deep knowledge of cloud computing tools would be an advantage but is not a must.
- Ongoing education in an innovative company with numerous corporate events and technical meetups
- Deeper understanding of the hottest cloud computing technologies and trends, such as PaaS and DevOps, digging into technical details
- Working around one of the fastest-growing open-source projects in history (according to the Linux Foundation)
- Learning how to write according to globally established technical writing standards
- English classes in-house; the possibility to attend lessons led by a native speaker
- Collaboration with native speakers serving as journalists/editors; proof-reading of your texts by expert copywriters with the Advanced level of English, day-to-day feedback from them
- Cross-cultural experience between team members in Silicon Valley, Argentina, Philippines, and Minsk
- Future career opportunities in research analysis, technical marketing, writing, evangelism, communications, content management, etc.
- Advantages of the Belarus Hi-Tech Park residence (official payroll, transparency, legislation, etc.)
- Free coffee, tea, cookies, table tennis, parties, outdoors fun, sport activities, and much-much more in a creative and professional environment.
Our ideal recruit could be a technical university graduate with proven tech writing experience and the Advanced level of English. A linguistic university graduate with some technical skills (e.g., in QA) and a portfolio of content written for the IT industry will also be a great fit. To apply for this position, please send your CV, cover letter, and content samples (tutorials/guides)—all in English.
Ключевые навыкиCreating technical overviewsPreparing tutorials and architect guides
Минск, Домбровская улица, 9, м. Кунцевщина
Полная занятость, полный день