As a Software Engineer, Data Layer you
will be responsible for how the data is stored and how you and other team
members access it. Your primary goal will be to improve and maintain the data
layer of all the software components.
- Design and implement new data structures and data access layer using Hibernate ORM and MySQL.
- Improve performance and scalability of the existing data structures.
- Manage MySQL database configuration, manage replication and deployment of database instances.
- Act as a point person for any data layer related changes or issues.
- 5 + years of equivalent experience.
- BS or MS in Computer Science similar discipline
- Excelent programming skills in Java is a must.
- Proficiency in writing queries using SQL.
- Experience in data model design using Java and Hibernate ORM.
- Experience in working with relational databases including schema design, indices creation, partitioning, configuration and deployment.
- Practical experience of designing data layers for large-scale systems using Hibernate and MySQL.
- Practical experience with Spring persistence framework.
- Familiarity with NoSQL data models and structured data (JSON/XML).
- Familiarity with Apache Solr or any other Apache Lucene based search engines.