GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.Role Summary/Purpose
As a Field Engineer, Controls you will represent GE both technically and professionally to ensure that equipment is installed, maintained and started properly.
• Providing on-site technical direction on control systems, loop checks and system tests during start-up, commissioning, troubleshooting and maintenance on customer owned power generation and industrial facilities (Power generation includes customer owned utilities, marine drives, industrial power plants and nuclear power plants utilizing gas and steam turbines; Industrial facilities include power generation, marine, petrochemical, paper, steel, automotive and transportation industries)
• Preparation of job-planning documents that define the control system scope of the outage
• Utilizing problem solving skills, engineering instructions, drawings, and process instructions for Steam/Gas turbine commissioning and start-up.
• Providing input for Daily Outage and Weekly Installation Reports.
• Communicating effectively with Service Managers and Site Leaders on job planning and execution and with Resource Directors regarding site arrivals, departures and job progression
• Providing leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
• Maintaining strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
• Possessing the technical capacity to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for a wide range of equipment/GE system vintages
• Preparing timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
• Troubleshooting control operations and maintenance problems in the steam and/or gas turbine Technologies
• University degree in electrical/electro-technical engineering or equivalent experience.
• Related work experience, preferably in the energy industry. Experienced applicants are welcome.
• Fluent Russian; Excellent command of oral and written English.
• Strong customer service-orientation, and the ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders
• Proven ability to work efficiently without direct supervision.
• Environmental, Health and Safety mindset and compliance.
• Prior power plant or field service experience strongly preferred
• This role requires extensive travel. Applicants must be willing and able to travel significantly (not less than 70%) without geographical restriction.