The Culture Communications Manager is responsible for the day-to-day editorial brand communication through all media channels in a country, relevant to Culture & music topics. They build and keep close relationships with local media representatives and opinion leaders. They plan strategically the national communication approach for single culture projects, selected artists or media initiatives and select the relevant channels and pitch messages/topics finally resulting in editorial outcome in earned and owned media reaching the targeted consumers. They plan and implement the corresponding content production and distribution (in collaboration with the respective Specialists if they exist). Also, they work closely with Culture Manager to make sure they capitalize the Culture plan and maximize media impact. Contribute in establishing a rich media network in the fields of Culture and music.
Moreover they fulfil the role of a “correspondent” for the Red Bull Media House, focusing on Culture topics. They not only distribute content of own productions but also syndicate international content to national media outlets and support the Red Bull Media House with information sharing as well as providing creative input for Red Bull Media House properties (channels).
- They establish a media network (personal relationships) in all relevant fields for Red Bull Culture projects and initiatives. Be it to support the national communication targets and business plan goals, as well as to support the international Red Bull Media House program (content developer, long format production, media houses, etc…)
- Supporting the Head of Communications in the development of a target-oriented, well-balanced annual culture communication plan that serves the local business needs best, making full use of Red Bull’s content portfolio by leveraging local and global/international projects in the local media market to build brand awareness and image and generate revenues. According to target audiences and media they plan corresponding high quality media productions to service the media network and relationship, which they constantly improve to deliver against communications targets. They develop customized editorial plans for single culture projects, artists initiatives and international events.
- Following the plans they closely work with the Production Manager, or - in absence of a production manager - they produce locally but also internationally relevant top quality content and act as executive producers for their projects. In absence of a Production Manager, they ensure “Rights Clearance of Media Content”, collect all media relevant contracts and coordinate overall rights clearance for all local productions to guarantee full exploitation of Culture content on all Red Bull Channels and international distribution with the aim to reach more eyes and increase revenues
- They distribute customized local culture content nationally to the appropriate media outlets in print, web, TV and radio supporting the own channel needs and strategies. They drive the usage of the Red Bull Content Pool as main source for high quality media productions
- In absence of a Production Manager, they act as a content developer and collector for the Red Bull Media House, feeding requested information plus finalised editorially valuable productions (moving images, audio, stills) into the global Red Bull Content Pool in time, according to its technical specifications and keeps all relevant materials updated (Red Bull Content Pool, InfoNet, …) also delivering the requested documentation. They feed the Red Bull Media House with new format ideas, suggestions for possible content acquisitions and adequate content for its channel building and to drive the establishment of a credible 360 degree media company
- They monitor the quality and quantity of the generated results to fine-tune future approaches
- Broad experience in editorial communications / PR with a strong network in the national media landscape, particularly with a music/culture media
- Strong PR skills (Team of specialists, leading external media companies, freelancers, etc…) including strong writing/story telling skills
- EDV (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Understanding the national media landscape (all channels: broadcast, print, web&new media), ideally already maintaining a strong network in Culture & music fields
- Editorial sense (being the national “Editor in Chief”): culture content & story developer (beyond the Red Bull world of content)
- Understanding of distribution (print, broadcast, web&new media)
- Profound production knowledge (photography, text, moving images)
- Knowledge of local and international Culture and Music scenes – artists, trends, labels etc
- Working experience with events’ structure, budgets, and alignment with various areas.
- Studies in journalism, general marketing, business or media
- Fluent in written and spoken English