JOB DESCRIPTION: Looking for a developer to join a market-leading international firm in financial data analytics. An opening is in a newly opened office in Saint Petersburg. You will be part of a dynamic financial technology firm. You will be responsible for developing solutions to meet the needs of global banks and hedge funds. Solutions include best execution, transaction cost analysis, trade surveillance. Ideal candidate is a problem solver willing to take initiative and deliver complete solutions in a high-pace environment.
- Excellent English reading and writing skills; good speaking skills are a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to work under time pressure, multitask, investigate and solve problems with incomplete information.
- Strong scripting skills in a language such as Python or Perl. Some experience with a compiled language such as C++ or Java is desirable.
- Advanced user and scripting knowledge of Linux a must. User / programmer-level knowledge of Windows desirable.
- Graduate level knowledge of computer science / statistics / physics is highly desirable. Previous financial markets experience is a plus.
- Experience with SQL, time-series databases, database theory, normalization is a plus.