The Subsidiary Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is accountable for the subsidiary revenue, scorecard and market share for their assigned products in the Subsidiary. The PMM is required to have a strong understanding of their product set, specifically at the 200-300 level, and a deep understanding of customer solutions and strategies. This role is seen as the voice of the products they represent within the subsidiary as well as the leader and the spokesperson for their product set. In addition, they must be able to articulate the local competitive landscape and develop local compete strategies and product differentiation by leveraging corporate and local research, partner insights and customer feedback. The PMM is responsible for leveraging customer needs, competitive knowledge and product expertise to drive the relevant business and marketing planning.
The Product Marketing Manager understands, orchestrates, and influences customer campaigns and marketing activities, develops integrated marketing campaigns, and delivers product, solutions and customer campaign feedback to the business. An essential aspect of the role of the Product Marketing Manager is to align the content, timing and delivery of marketing messages and outreach to Microsoft’s customers and partners. The PMM must develop strong partnerships with the segment marketers, customer and partner segment stakeholders to lead and execute the fiscal year local priorities. All relevant marketing teams need to work together to create the most impactful marketing strategy and execution plan possible by customer segment, minimizing ad-hoc and
unintegrated customer and partner outreach. The various messages need to be very well aligned, with the end goal to think and act as “One Microsoft” - using a model like OARPi (Owner, Approver, Reviewers, Participants, Informed). In doing this, the PMM is an ambassador of the overall Product Brand and Microsoft CPE (Customer & Partner Experience).
- Plan and execute activity that promotes C+E products and feature releases; lead product launch activities/releases
- Maintain product knowledge and evangelize the product internally and externally to Press, enthusiasts, influencers and pre-sales customer scenarios
- Provide product related content like customer benefits, competitive differentiators, and value of the product roadmap to all subsidiary marketing activities, including those owned by Segment marketing, Audience marketing, and other BGs
- Adjust and provide differentiated value proposition and compelling, localized product-related content, product Bill of Materials (BOM) (To-Customer and To/thru-Partner)
- Contribute to Partner readiness, activation and product evangelism delivery/business development
- Create marketing & business plan, including campaign/program business plan and campaign investment decisions for BG-owned campaigns and activities
- Act as the voice of the field by ensuring timely updates/feedback to Corporate on product marketing and campaign execution in subsidiary.
- Work closely with segments to develop customer evidence
- Be the growth ambassador to influence C+E Awareness/Perception.
- Business Management
- orchestrating execution to deliver on Scorecard metrics.related to the Rhythm of the Business (ROB) and orchestrate Correction of Errors plans with the segments
- Develop local business management strategy - partner with segment to interpret market opportunity and risk and build appropriate GTM/CoE Plan
- Determine key insights and asks to accelerate adoption of C+E products, qualify inhibitors (with recommendations) to escalate to subsidiary LT and Corp.
- Actively engage across Segments and across the Subsidiary in the One Microsoft orchestration (rationalized audience touches, coordinated offers, integrated marketing calendar, etc.)
- Responsible for driving deployment and usage efforts locally
- Track and report marketing performance/KPIs through standardized marketing tools.
- Participate in preparation for Mid-Year Review (MYR) and connection meetings as appropriate
- Participate in quarterly connection meetings with corp to support the local BG Lead.
- Marketing Planning
- Own the local product marketing strategy for your relevant C+E Scenarios.
- Orchestrate the creation of marketing plans and campaign investment decisions. Lead targeting for product marketing-owned campaigns and activities, partner with segment/channel teams to prioritize investment decisions for non-product-marketing owned activities.
- Develop competitive tactics to drive target market share gains
- Conduct marketplace environmental and competitive analyses from competitive intelligence and Sales Excelence input from Competitive Discovery.
- Determine a common set of KPIs for marketing activities in collaboration with other teams involved (e.g. segment marketing, audience marketing, other BGs)
- Conduct reviews across C+E business pillars to support BG lead in C+E value prop
- Identify strategic market maker partners
- Experience: 5-7 years related experience
Skills & Knowledge
- Evangelist and subject matter expert for product
- Deep customer focus and understanding
- Strong analytical skills
- Excelent communicator
- Experienced in core marketing communications functions
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) required, relevant fields of study include Marketing, Business, Computer Science