POSITION NAME: Risk Manager (commodity trading)
BUSINESS UNIT: Starches & Sweeteners Europe (SSE)
POSITION KEY OBJECTIVE:
- Leading SSE Russia risk management, origination and trading strategy to maximize the business results:
- managing commodity, PFLs and Fx positions
- developing and deploying hedging (and / or pricing) solutions
- leading origination strategy and tactics
- grain supply chain and coverage management.
Providing strategic perspective on key market, economic and competitive factors for pricing decisions and customer offerings. The Risk Manager routinely engages with key customers to provide market insight and to develop and deliver risk management solutions.
- Develop, lead and execute SSE Russia risk management strategy, including pricing, positioning, hedging, onsite merchandizing and corresponding PFL and Fx position management (40%)
- Partner with grain trading business to shape and execute SSE Russia grain supply chain strategy to ensure uninterrupted pipeline at best possible cost. Increase onsite merchandizing and develop long term relations with producers to maximize trading / origination margins within positioning gameplan (25%)
- Manage grind capacity utilization to ensure best grain mix and maximize Net Raw Materials Cost (15%)
- Oversee the risk management activities for SSE Russia, including position reporting, completing and submitting relevant CRC requests, and continuing to pursue best risk management practices within the BU. (10%).
- Provide strategic perspective on key market, economic and competitive factors for pricing decisions and customer offerings. (10%).
- Bachelor’s Degree [Business, Economics, Agricultural Economics, Finance]
- 3 years of direct supervisory responsibility
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with origination and agronomic supply chain management
- Exposure on futures, options, and derivative trading
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, formulate and execute strategies to optimize business profitability
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Results driven and highly accountable
- Proven ability to perform well under pressure and not deterred by hardship or failure
- Business acumen and negotiation skills
- Strong and effective communication skills across a broad range of internal stakeholders
- Understanding and awareness of statistical and quantitative analytical methods
- Fluent English
- Substantial [5+ years] experience of P&L management
- 10 years of merchandising or commodity trading related experience
- 5 years of experience in trading futures, options and derivatives in the agricultural commodity space
- Global business / international exposure
- Previous experience interfacing with customers at a senior level