- Coordinate position with traders;
- Follow up contractual deadlines; Follow up unshipped contracts (washouts, cancellations, defaults);
- Coordinate contracts application with expeditors and customers; MBS fixings against contracts;
- Assist traders in obtaining hard copies of the contracts from customers;
- Arrange for customs clearance in case of absence of contracts admin forwarder;
- Coordinate contracts flow for transit or DAT program.
Shipment/discharge process operation:
- Provide/obtain nominations & documentary instructions;
- Coordinate nominations & documentary instructions with port forwarding companies/terminals and agents;
- Monitor fulfillment of the contractual payment instruments prior to shipment/discharge commencement (trace pre-payments, operational L/C opening, bank guarantees);
- Arrange for mandatory permissions (quotas, IQP, licenses etc) for shipments/deliveries
- Monitor freight logistics (in case of CFR or FOB sales or other);
- Monitor through forwarding companies/terminals the shipment/discharge operations at all stages (commencement, progress, completion), i.e. ensure effective shipment/discharge completion);
- Keep traders and customers updated as shipments/deliveries status and progress;
- Check and approve draft contractual documents;
- Monitor issuance of the original shipping documents and their distribution according to contractual and corporate requirements;
- In collaboration with the FSQR lead, check and monitor any aspect that might aggravate goods quality or lead to incompliance with CFS standards, investigate such cases, take preventive measures, take part in procedures implementation.
- Take part in selecting/appointing surveyors;
- Put precise supervision tasks to superintendents when appointing them for shipment/discharge;
- Liaise with superintendents in solving weight/quality/condition problems if any;
- Check surveyors’ certificates and monitor exchange of originals.
- Monitor weight & quality finalization process wherever it is required/happened (obtain required certificates from the customers or superintendents; prepare drafts of the accounting documents as set in this instruction);
- Ensure timely payment of customer’s finalization invoices (or issue and pay Cargill credit notes);
- Ensure timely invoicing of the customers and trace funds receipt, check the deferred invoices for timely payment.
- Obtain from the customers (sales) or prepare and send to the customers (purchase) full and complete documentary instructions;
- Negotiate changes/additions if required;
- Relay the instructions to forwarding companies and/or terminals;
- Check and approve drafts of the documents. Coordinate issuance of the originals and receipt of those in Kiev office;
- Obtain (sales) or send out (purchase) clear instructions as to where to courier the originals;
- Make sure the documents distribution match with contractual payment requirements.
- Collect from the customs brokers the copies of electronic customs declarations and crossing border confirmations, within the time limits stipulated by Ukraine regulations;
- Pass the originals of customs declarations on to the accounting department against receipt;
- Coordinate with expeditors or local representatives timely collection of the originals of accounting documents (acts, VAT bills) and pass on them to accounting;
- Coordinate issuance and exchange of promissory notes (import VAT reimbursement) in case of necessity.
Payments / invoicing:
- Check and pay incoming service and commodity invoices (ensure amounts are correct versus contractual costs for commodity, forwarding, transshipment, supervision, brokerage, freight etc, split the amounts per expense code, ensure required approvals according to Cargill procedures and pass on to accounting for payment);
- Accrue the costs in MBS and allocate the final invoices against open accruals;
- Check and pay finalization invoices or issue Cargill credit notes wherever applicable.
- Issue commodity invoice after shipment completion in accordance with the contract terms;
- Issue finalization invoices as soon as final weight and/or quality results are available;
- Track receivables and pre-advise to treasury/accounting;
- Invoice extra costs caused to the counter parties.
- Coordinate with traders/accounting/legal the paperwork required for washouts in terms of Ukraine legislation and international standards;
- Follow up the washouts position and coordinate it with the accounting and trading groups.
Responsibilities that are executed in irregular basis:
- Commodity insurance (in case of absence of contract admin forwarder);
- Bogey calculation during month;
- Claims management (quality, weight, documents);
- Shipments statistics (when required by trading, accounting);
- Check open accruals and make them completed;
- Follow up accounting open outstanding balances;
- Check inventory per port on a monthly basis, assist others groups with stocks reconciliation;
- University degree (supply chain or agriculture), Degree in Economics or Agriculture could be a plus
- Good English (both speaking and writing) - must
- Min 3 years of relevant work experience in execution of international/domestic commodity contracts - experience in agro sector / export
- Good computer skills
- Logistics management and technical competencies: Solid knowledge of Commodities Practices, international regulations; Sourcing (Throuputs, services related to international flows); Standards; Understanding of Inventory and warehousing principles; Risk management
- Operations management knowledge and technical competencies: execution, planning, technology application, sustainability.
- Problem solving skills, decision making capabilities
- Good people management skills/strong communication skills
- Strong inter-personal skills:
- Adaptable, compelling and authentic communicator with Cargill customers, suppliers and employees