Design Engineer is responsible for engineering design of drilling equipment and projects execution pertaining to Engineer’s position discipline.
- Engineering design of existing equipment modification projects and new equipment items design as per request from Operations Department
- Engineering Design, 3D Modeling and Drafting by producing good quality working drawings, elevations, details as per project requirements
- Ensure all work is carried out in line with International industry standards and local code requirements to ensure continued certification. RUSA / RUSD compliance
- Coordination of design approval process and project execution
- Reviews technical documentation provided by consultants, vendors or other third party companies pertaining to engineer’s position discipline
- Writing technical specifications and procedures
- Maintain good business records and document retention in line with company policies and relevant external audit bodies, as required
- Attend face to face meetings with partners, customers and suppliers if required
- Assists in the schedule estimation process for new construction and modification projects
- Responsible for equipment selection and specification
- Responsible for the development of test and commissioning procedures
- Troubleshoot existing product and application designs to become knowledgeable in swift problem resolution
- Solve internal and external customer’s technical and practical problems
- Field trips and project execution surveys as required
- Sound engineering knowledge in the design, construction and operation of drilling rigs.
- Working knowledge of code requirements pertaining to the design, construction and operation of both land and offshore drilling rigs.
- Proficient in Russian regulatory and engineering code requirements.
- Graduated Engineer – Diploma in Engineering Technology degree in Mechanical, Structural, Electrical or Marine engineering from an accredited university
- 3 years’ experience as design or project engineer
- Excellent working knowledge of 2D Autodesk AutoCAD, 3D modeling design software using PTC Creo Parametric and similar software.