The Technical Director (TD) is the most senior engineering position in the World of Tanks team. Based in Minsk and reporting directly to the Development Director for World of Tanks and dotted line to the CTO, the Technical Director is accountable for all of the technology and the overall quality of the code for the game.
They are expected to be a key influencer, helping to achieve World of Tanks development goals. The Technical Director is responsible for getting consent for all engineering related issues, and they are counted on to drive best practices for requirements, design, and architecture.
The Technical Director is also expected to innovate and pioneer design process, workflow, metrics, planning, and architecture in line with the Technology Office processes. They interact on technical issues with a wide range of partners (i.e., hardware vendors, universities, third-party vendors), and examine technological developments in other industries to influence direction.
What you will do:
- Create and drive the vision for the technical development of World of Tanks
- Create and drive processes for the technical disciplines
- Work together with the lead engineers in improving the technical aspect of the game
- Drive cooperation between departments inside the World of Tanks team
- Identify and manage technical risks and opportunities
- Be able to understand the language of non-technical departments
- Be the face and voice of the tech department for the other parts of the company, as well as for outside partners
- Actively push the boundaries of the technical knowledge and capacities in the team
- Coach and mentor the lead programmers in both managerial and programming skills
- Take part in the recruiting processes for both expert and graduate roles to build a sustainable pipeline for the team
- Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree preferred
- 5+ years in game industry
- 2+ shipped PC/Console games in full cycle
- 1+ shipped PC/Console multiplayer game, including support and developing the product while being live
- 1+ shipped game in a Technical Director role
- Expert in C++, excellent knowledge of Action Script and Python
- Experience in both gameplay and server code
- Experience developing and supporting large scale server-based games (MMO, MOBA, Mobile, etc) and/or platforms as a service
- Experience with games that required 365/24-hour operational support
- Advanced/Fluent Russian language skills
- Advanced knowledge of English
- Experience in managing a team of 20+ people
- Superb communication skills
- Effective conflict management skills
In considering candidates, we will not limit our search to Minsk. For citizens of Ukraine and Russia we will provide full documentation assistance and compensation for travel expenses.