The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology is proud to announce the creation of an Accountant (Expense Reports) position.
The Skoltech is a startup university, to be located in the innovation zone called Skolkovo, outside of Moscow - sometimes called the “Russian Silicon Valley.” Skoltech has recently partnered with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in a joint effort to develop a new graduate research university of science and technology in Russia.
Accountant will ensure that all Expense Reports functions are running smoothly and properly. Accountant will be responsible for various accounting and administrative tasks related to the maintenance and processing of expense reports transactions.
- Reviewing processes employees’ Expense Reports (business trips, representative expenses, administrative expenses);
- Following up with employees questions;
- Creating Instruction about preparation of Expense Reports to ensure adherence to Institute policies and legal regulations;
- Ensuring compliance with Skoltech policies and procedures, Russian statutory and tax requirements;
- Filing and managing the internal documentation, following Internal policies and statutory legislation as required;
- Ensuring document accounting procedures and transactions are properly executed;
- Providing necessary support to internal and external auditors;
- Performing other tasks as necessary.
Ideal Experience and Qualities:
- University degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance;
- Deep understanding of accounting principles; knowledge of GAAP/IFRS is a plus;
- At least 3+ years experience in accounting (payroll and/or expense reports);
- Excellent computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel) and accounting software (1C);
- Experience in preparation of salary taxes declarations;
- Responsible, service-minded, positive and team-oriented;
- Good in managing, organizing and in prioritizing of tasks;
- Fluent oral and written English. English is a working language at Skoltech.
- The successful candidate will be paid a competitive compensation package commensurate with the important responsibilities of this role.