US Company is searching for a Python lead developer who can build around him (her) a team of 3-5 people.
Project: migration of code and math models from MatLab to Python for Israeli company.
Remote work with business trips to customer's company in Israel.
Good and official salary.
Areas of responsibility:
- Take new algorithmic concepts from the algorithm team and bringing it to life inside the core code
- Contribute to design and architecture of the core web application platform and stack from top to bottom
- Process product demands into business logic and implement it into modules across the product code
- Migrate code from MatLab to Python.
- 5+ years of hands-on programming experience
- 2-3+ years of Python programming (OOP strongly preferred)
- Highly motivated with can-do approach
- Experience developing in the Linux environment using open source tools and components, with a focus on mature deployment processes
- Experience with SQL databases
- Good knowledge of MySQL and stored procedures - desired
- Experience in building and working with cloud environments - advantage
- Knowledge of the financial market advantage
- Fluent spoken & written English
- Remote work (city does not matter)
- Business trips to Israel
- Long term (1y+)
Please describe in your responce all points from section "Required skills".