We have a small development team dedicated to create a deployment framework for top-tier e-commerce services. While the applications have few years of legacy, the framework is almost a "green field" project aimed to shorten main service development cycle by leveraging modern practices and tools. Linux containers and "infrastructure as code" are among them.
The team is self-guided, advances at high pace and is keen to its work quality. We believe in application of software development principles to infrastructure automation problems.
As an equal member of the team you will participate in design and implementation, will train and support users for your products.
- Design and implement enterprise applications components related to service deployments.
- Participate in design and implementation of the deployment framework.
- Create supplementary documentation and training materials for users. Run online training sessions.
- Support users of the team's products.
- Participate in team planning. Provide estimates. Get things done on time.
- Participate in code review.
- Programming skills in a high level programming language (Java is preferable). Understanding Java technology stack.
- Understanding software development processes, continuous integration and delivery principles, devops practices.
- Hands-on experience with Linux, networking and DBMS.
- Experience with scripting languages (shell, Python, Perl, etc) and build automation tools (Maven, Make, Gradle, etc).
- Experience with Docker ecosystem tools and cloud computing. Deployment or configuration automation experience is a plus.
- Being able to solve problems not just by quick thinking but using industry expertise. Being able to defend your decisions.
- Distinguish trade-offs and short-cuts.
- Good communication skills and technical English (intermediate or higher)
- Competitive salary (discussed with a successful candidate)
- Work on bleeding-edge projects within grid computing and distributed computing with a highly motivated and dedicated team of developers and testers
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance, benefits program, attractive social compensation package
- Business trips to the USA may be required