Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Currently we are looking for a Lead Business Intelligence Architect for our Lviv office to make our team even stronger.
The Business Intelligence Architect is a member of the BI engineering practice at EPAM (500+ BI Specialists), participating in new projects in BI area. Provides BI domain expertise (MS BI, Microstrategy BI, etc.) during the presale phase as well as to the project team during analysis, design, coding, performance tuning, and implementation of new BI solutions.
New initiative is connected with development of a BI solution for delivering critical BI metrics (dashboard) for monitoring productivity, profitability and efficiency in one automated, graphical application. The BI platform, which is the foundation for creating dashboards/reports/performance scorecards that track complex clinical scenarios and hospital productivity metrics is MicroStrategy based.
ABOUT THE CUSTOMER
Our customer – USA corporation with the headquarters in New York, one of the biggest players in the market, specializing in healthcare and management consulting as well as financial advisory domain.
- Apply architectural and engineering concepts to design a solution that meets operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability and manageability;
- Participate in research and development efforts (proofs of concept, prototypes), as SQL Server (or Oracle) and MicroStrategy BI subject matter expert/architect;
- Participate in various phases of the SDLC to perform QA/technical review functions and to ensure following customer technology standards and project specific architectural solutions (i.e., design reviews);
- Ensure that technology solutions are production ready and meet the defined specifications, and that the solution can be maintained via production support methodologies and resources;
- Serve as a technical expert and a point of contact for BI domain specific solutions;
- Actively participate in developing company BI community (share knowledge, conduct trainings/tech talks/webinars/discussions, etc.).
- M.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Applied Mathematics or related technical diploma;
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development and 3 years in a BI Solution Architect role;
- Fluent English is a must;
- 5 + years of experience with relational data structures, theories, principles, and practices;
- Knowledge of and skills in data warehousing methodologies and tools;
- Thorough understanding of modern enterprise architecture;
- 8 years of experience with development and administration of Microstrategy BI stack (including Mobile) on 9.3+ environments;
- Experience with developing and implementing server DB and ETL solutions operating with very large data volumes (VLDB);
- Big Data Concepts/Reference Architectures knowledge is a plus but not mandatory;
- Highly experienced with MicroStrategy 9.3+ metadata development and maintenance;
- Recursive and ragged hierarchies;
- Intelligent Cube creation and refresh - including large cubes (10GB+);
- Strong understanding of Analytical Engine;
- Experienced in using VLDB properties;
- Able to work around MicroStrategy quirks;
- Experienced in working with MicroStrategy tech support and engineering;
- Well-versed in Data Warehousing best practices with larger databases (1TB+);
- Strong SQL development and debugging skills.
Nice to have
- Experience in MicroStrategy systems administration and optimization (highly desirable);
- Strong ETL development skills (proved record of ETL/ELT projects);
- Experience with MicroStrategy Integrity Manager (desirable);
- Experience with MicroStrategy Command Manager (desirable);
- Experience with Amazon Cloud and/or Amazon Redshift (desirable);
- Experience in MicroStrategy API and customization (desirable);
- Experience in health care and revenue cycle management (desirable).
- Experience exchange with colleagues all around the world;
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
- Regular assessments and salary reviews;
- Social package - medical care, sports;
- Free English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers);
- Opportunities for self-realization;
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment;
- Flexible working schedule;
- Corporate and social events.