EPAM, one of the largest Software Engineering Services Companies in European IT market, CMMI Level 5 certified, is looking for a Lead BI Software Engineer for its Lviv Office.
The Business Intelligence Team Lead (BI-TL) is a member of a BI engineering practice at EPAM (500+ BI Specialists), leading new development projects in BI area. Provides leadership to the project team during analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, performance tuning, implementation and maintenance of new BI solutions. Participates in pre-sales activities, including RFPs and Tenders.
- 8+ years of experience in Software Development and 3-5 years of team leading experience;
- 5 + years of experience with relational data structures, theories, principles and practices;
- Knowledge and skills in data warehousing methodologies and tools;
- Proven track record of successfully delivering BI and/or data warehousing projects;
- Thorough understanding of modern enterprise architecture;
- Hands-on experience with enterprise business intelligence platforms like Microstrategy, IBM Cognos, SAP Business Objects, OBIEE, etc;
- 3-5 years of experience with deployment and administration of: Microsoft BI stack (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS) on SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2012 or Oracle BI stack (OBIEE, ODI, Essbase, Hyperion);
- Big Data Concepts knowledge is a plus.
- Microsoft BI stack;
- Big Data.
- Apply architectural and engineering concepts to design a solution that meets operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability and manageability;
- Participate and lead research and development efforts (proofs of concept, prototypes), as subject matter experts;
- Provide technical expertise to propose level of effort estimates;
- Participate in various phases of the SDLC to perform QA/technical review functions and to ensure adherence to Enterprise Architecture (EA) technology standards and project specific architectural solutions (i.e., design reviews);
- Ensure technology solutions are production ready and meet the defined specifications, and that the solution can be maintained via production support methodologies and resources;
- Facilitate communications between IS workgroups and business stakeholders for technical issues and/or major changes;
- Lead design and code reviews to ensure adherence to the corporate technical architecture standards and best practices and drives reuse across business services;
- Provide technical guidance to coach and mentor team members; provide performance feedback to manager(s);
- Serve as technical owner and point of contact for BI domain specific solutions;
- Have ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities;
- Prove ability to coach, mentor, train and lead team members in the areas of technical skills and competencies.
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
- Project variety and mobility among projects;
- Regular assessments and salary reviews;
- Financial stability;
- Flexible working schedule;
- Individual career path in engineering;
- Opportunity for self-realization;
- Wide range of professional and soft skills trainings and workshops;
- Technology trainings and technology communities;
- Partial grant of the cost of certification and IT conferences;
- Opportunities for business trips abroad (Switzerland, USA, England);
- Social package - medical insurance, sports;
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations;
- Relocation package for those who move to Lviv to work at EPAM;
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers);
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment;
- Experience exchange with colleagues around the world;
- Corporate and social events (parties, football, tennis, etc.).